Students across the globe prefer Canadian universities as the most preferred educational institutions to pursue higher education. The education system in Canada is lauded for its robust infrastructure, state-of-the-art curriculum, and spacious campuses. The below article explores the Canada Study Visa requirements.
The Master of Business Administration degree (MBA), tops the chart as the most chosen and renowned course. MBA acts as a catalyst in seizing the most lucrative opportunities available in the job market. Moreover, the Canadian job market has a huge demand for over 150000 professionals annually—key geographies in Canada for pursuing jobs after MBA are Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal.
Canada Study Visa and Why Choose Canada for your MBA?
A Canada study visa permits the aspirant to travel to and pursue education in Canada. This visa also lets the student work part-time to bear the college living expenses and qualify for student amenities. Picturesque destinations, globally high-ranking universities, and impeccable quality of life remain a few of the top reasons for overseas students to choose Canada for their higher education.
Educational institutes in Canada have three academic intakes, namely fall, winter, and summer.
- Fall – September to December
- Winter – January to April
- Summer – May to August
Let’s explore some key highlights that make Canadian Universities stand apart:
- Nearly 11 Canadian universities rank amongst the world’s top 200, as per the Financial Times MBA Rankings 2021
- QS MBA rankings (2021) show that around 6 Canadian business schools and universities rank amongst the top 100 globally.
- According to the global MBA ranking, approximately 20 business schools in Canada rank in the top 200.
- Business management remains the favorite program amongst international students as the top 10 subject in Canada.
- Canada caters to some of the promising post-study work opportunities for MBA enthusiasts!
Eligibility for a Canada Study Visa
The eligibility norms for gaining a Canadian study permit are as follows:
- Enrollment at a designated Canadian learning institution in Canada
- Sufficient funds to pay for tuition fees, living expenditures, and return transportation for yourself and your family to the native country
- Conformance to the law, have zero criminal records, and a police certificate to support the claim if needed
- Good health condition and willingness to undergo a medical inspection if required
- Proof to the visa officer that one will leave Canada on the student visa expiry
The documents mentioned above must be scanned and uploaded. Later, for the visa interview, the student must furnish the original documents. It is pertinent to ensure that the documents are binding and arranged systematically.
General Eligibility Criteria for pursuing MBA in Canada
Concerning the Indian market, an MBA is a promising investment in both ROI and a bright career. Start exploring the education options with trusted Canada Study Visa experts to understand and fulfill the eligibility criteria for an MBA admission in Canada for Indian/International students. One common factor across all Canadian universities is the general eligibility criteria for pursuing admission to an MBA degree. Below are the critical general eligibility requisites for MBA in Canada:
- Indian /International students must have a full-time bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college. There is no specific stream requirement
- MBA being a professional program, preference is given to international students with prior work experience. It provides an added advantage and puts the student ahead of those without work experience. However, the work experience earned should be pertinent to an MBA degree specialization.
- An essential eligibility criterion is an impressive GMAT score for an international student. It is an eligibility parameter established and followed by the major universities in Canada
- The MBA aspirant must appear for English proficiency tests such as TOEFL or IELTS to ensure admission to a reputed B-school or university.
Fee Structure for Studying MBA in Canada
The average yearly fee to pursue MBA in Canada ranges from 20,500 CAD to 112,000 CAD, depending upon the specialization and the university chosen by the student. Tuition fees in Canadian universities differ by institute and province; however, the prices are affordable compared to other countries. Technical and medical programs are on the costlier side than the art ones.
Below are the average fee figures; the tuition and fees range from CAD 7,000 to CAD 35,000 yearly for an international aspirant.
|Canada Study Program||Average fees (in CAD*)|
|Undergraduate Program||$12,000 to $25,000 per year|
|Postgraduate master’s Program||$24,000 to $35,000 per year|
|Doctoral Degree||$7,000 to $10,000 per year|
The expense of studying in Canada varies based on other aspects like the cost of living and the Canada Study visa application fees as well.
STUDENT CANADA STUDY VISA REQUISITES
Below mentioned documents are required for submitting the Canada study visa application:
- Valid Passport
- Attested copies of 10th, 12th, and Degree certificates
- Academic references – 2
- Employer references – 2
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
- Certificates of extracurricular accomplishments
- An acceptance letter from your school/college/university
- Payment proof
- Financial funds proof
- Passport size photographs
- Study Permit and visa
- English Proficiency
- A custodian declaration (for minors)
- The Canadian institution/university will notify the aspirant if any additional documents are required prior to the Canada Study Visa application.
International students can start education perusal after immigration officers evaluate their applications and issue pre-approval when qualified.
International students will require to submit the following documents to go to Canada:
- Immigration medical examination
- Security-Police certificates
As part of the COVID-19 protocol, all international students and their dependents, with restricted exceptions, must be fully vaccinated to enter Canada.
Canada Student Visa Application Fees
|Study Permit Application Fees||CA$150|
|Work Permit Including Extensions||CA$155|
(Single or Multiple Entry)
Leading Universities in Canada
|1||29||University of Toronto|
|3||51||University of British Columbia|
|4||113||University of Alberta|
|5||137||Université de Montréal|
|7||173||University of Waterloo|
|9||233||University of Calgary|
The existing Study Programs are as below:
- Certificate or Diploma | Duration one or two years
- Advanced Diplomas | Duration two or three years
- Undergraduate Programs | duration of three or four years
- Postgraduate Programs | duration of two years
- Doctorates or PhDs | duration of four to five years along with dissertation
The most prevalent undergraduate courses are engineering and administrative studies. Postgraduate courses that are widespread among international students are management, finance, MBA, MS, and LLB degrees.
Pointers to study abroad in Canada:
Step 1: Conduct thorough research
Before choosing the university, perform exhaustive research on the suitable program, location to live, overall expenditure, part-time job suitability, etc.
Step 2: Choose the Universities
Shortlist around ten universities and study programs that fulfill all the requirements
Step 3: Entrance exams preparation
Start the preparation for tests like TOEFL/GRE/GMAT/IELTS etc., in accordance with the requisites of the universities and colleges. Register for the above tests in advance, along with a track of the time required for a test retake if need be. The tests need to be completed before September of the year if one wants to apply for Canada Study Visa.
Step 4: Finance the studies
Make sure that the funds for the entire period of study in Canada, along with housing, local travel, food, and other varied expenses. Choose how to finance the studies, calculate personal savings, tutoring loans, student scholarships, or assistantship.
Step 5: Reaching out to university
Contact every university unswervingly for admission needs. Each university has its own admission parameters. Ensure the completion of the applications before deadlines and send them.
Step 6: Admission confirmation
Post the receipt of acceptance letters from the universities that the application was sent to, and select the university one would like to study. The next stage is to pay a non-refundable deposit to the university to validate the admission to study in Canada.
Step 7: Get Student Visa
Once the admission gets confirmed, the aspirant should apply for a Canadian student visa. Without a Canada Student Visa, the aspirant won’t be able to travel to Canada even if the academic session commences.
Student Visa and Dependent Relative
A foreign national on a Canada student visa can take their spouse and dependent children to Canada. The partner can also apply for an open work permit and even work as a Canadian employee for the duration of their partner’s study visa is valid. However, if the spouse plans to pursue education in Canada, they will have to apply for a respective study visa.
Canada study visa holders can also take their dependent children to Canada. The children can stay is also valid till the study visa expires in Canada.
Canada Study Visa Options.
If a student decides to pursue education in Canada, he/she will acquire points in three areas, namely language, education, and work experience, and additional points if she/he is young. An educational degree from Canada can add up more points for other immigration streams, such as Express Entry or PNP streams.
Students can work up to 20 hours each week while pursuing their education program, and this helps in acquiring Canadian work experience and adds points to the respective CRS score.
How to get employed in Canada after MBA?
Post the completion of the MBA in Canada, and the next stage is to apply for a Postgraduate Work Permit (PGWP), which lets the student temporarily live and work in Canada for up to a duration of 3 years. The PGWP not only adds up to the work experience but also proves to be valuable when searching for another job abroad.
Post Graduate Work Permit Canada
A Post Graduate Work Permit or PGWP in Canada is an open work permit that one can receive post the completion of graduation with any Canadian degree (MBA) as an international student. It lets the applicant work for any employer, for as many hours as chosen, and anywhere in the country. PGWP is valid for between 8 and 3 years.
Please refer to the below list of jobs Specialization Wise along with salary details, which can be pursued after an MBA in Canada:
Salary in CAD
|1||MBA in Finance||
|2||MBA in Marketing||
|3||MBA in Human Resources||
|4||MBA in Operations and Supply Chain Management||
|5||MBA in International Business||
New changes to the Express Entry selection system have made it simpler for international students to plan and execute the transition to permanent residence. Please explore the various provincial immigration streams intended precisely at international students.