Commercial hospitality equipment is all you need to operate a restaurant, hotel, or another hospitality establishment. The right commercial hospitality equipment helps in large-scale commercial production, and you can broadly categorize them into food preparation equipment, cooking equipment, and food refrigeration equipment. This equipment can be used in many ways that increase utilization and decrease costs.
- Instead of purchasing it, rent or lease the equipment
- Training staff in proper maintenance and usage
- Establish a preventative maintenance program
Your Restaurant Needs Commercial Hospitality Equipment
The types of equipment are needed for many reasons.
- You can cook food evenly and at the right temperature with better equipment.
- This equipment can also help lower your costs.
- Third, commercial equipment can improve the safety of your restaurant. Proper ventilation and fire safety features will reduce the chance of accidents in your kitchen.
- Fourth, this equipment can increase productivity. For instance, if you have commercial wok pans, saucepans, and all types of stock pots made of clay, aluminum, and cast iron.
- This equipment can help you improve customer service. A better workflow in the kitchen will mean that waiters spend less time waiting between courses and have more time to interact directly with customers.
What Options Are Available for Purchasing Commercial Hospitality Equipment?
There are many options for purchasing new, used, or refurbished equipment.
Equipment can be rented or leased. Although it is cheaper, used equipment may not be as reliable. The best compromise between new and old equipment is to use refurbished equipment. It’s usually cheaper than new equipment but more reliable than the used equipment. Right from everyday equipment like vegetable and meat slicers to boilers and heating pans, you can go for the best equipment that keeps your kitchen cool. Arrange the commercial equipment in such a manner so that the entire kitchen fit-out looks good in all possible ways.
The downside to buying new equipment is the lack of warranties. This means you can’t be sure that your investment will not decrease in value quickly.
Refurbished commercial hospitality kitchenware, such as refrigerators for restaurants, can be a great way to get high-quality products at a reasonable price.
Used And New Commercial Hospitality Equipment
- Used hospitality equipment is still excellent, provided it is well maintained. Equipment that is used can often be more affordable than new.
- To make the right decision for your company, consider your budget and needs when choosing between used and new equipment.
- For example, ovens, ranges, burners, grills, griddles, and deep fryers are some of the varieties that you can either take on rent or go for buying second-hand options.
- You might be able to find used commercial hospitality equipment if you are looking to open a taco truck or food truck without the expense of a new restaurant. You should be aware that used hospitality equipment may have undiscovered damage, resulting in costly repairs.
Which Equipment Types Are Used in Commercial Hospitality?
This equipment includes ovens, stoves, fryers, and dishwashers. Proper loading can lead to significant energy and water savings. Some dishwashers are equipped with sensors that adjust the water consumption based on the size and weight of the load. A 4-burner stove, for example, uses less energy than a 6-burner stove. Reduced use of burners during slower periods can save you money on energy.
Tools For Cleaning and Maintenance
If you are confident that you have all the tools necessary to do the job properly, there are several ways to increase utilization and decrease costs. Start by creating a cleaning schedule that you will follow. This will prolong the equipment’s life and ensure it runs at its peak performance. Routine maintenance, such as calibrations and tune-ups, is also important. You will save money over the long term by reducing wear and tear. When it comes time to replace your old equipment, you should consider investing in more energy-efficient models.
You can reduce costs and increase the utilization of your commercial hospitality business by investing in quality equipment. Investing in durable, reliable equipment can also reduce maintenance and repair costs. Commercial hospitality equipment can provide a better experience for guests.